"Beauty will save the world." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
Out of context, it would be easy to dismiss this quotation as hopelessly naive. But for Dostoevsky, "beauty" is what inspires the best in us, our aspirations for what is good and true, what connects us to each other. In this illustration, we wanted to capture a sense of individuals connecting to a whole that is greater than the parts. Points of light suggest a globe at sunrise, then connect through sunrise into the shape of a magnolia flower.
• Pocket sized: 3.5 x 5 inches
• Proudly made in Portland Oregon
• Offset printed with vegetable-based inks
• Cover: 18pt recycled chipboard made from recycled content & books
• Inside: 32 college ruled sheets, uncoated 70# paper milled in America
• 85% post-consumer recycled content and 15% pre-consumer recycled content.
• Saddle stitched with matching black staples
• All presses and production machinery powered with renewable energy