"Hope is the thing with feathers" - Emily Dickinson
For this illustration, we used Emily Dickinson's own words as line elements to create the "thing with feathers" she describes in this extraordinary poem. The source of hope she depicts is a bottomless well of creative inspiration and strength, which for her manifested in poetry. Visually, her handwriting is a remarkable combination of beautiful flourishes and swooshes combined with an almost frantic energy - a pen racing to keep up with a quicksilver mind.
• Pocket sized: 3.5 x 5 inches
• Proudly made in Portland Oregon
• Offset printed with vegetable-based inks
• Cover: 18pt recycled chipboard made from recycled content & books
• Inside: 32 college ruled sheets, uncoated 70# paper milled in America
• 85% post-consumer recycled content and 15% pre-consumer recycled content.
• Saddle stitched with matching black staples
• All presses and production machinery powered with renewable energy