John Stuart Mill Notebook
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." - John Stuart Mill
From his classic philosophical treatise On Liberty:
"He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion."
This illustration depicts the border between two contrasting spaces as a tightrope. The walker's balance pole becomes the balance of a scale weighing both sides of the argument dispassionately.
• Pocket sized: 3.5 x 5 inches
• Proudly made in Portland Oregon
• Offset printed with vegetable-based inks
• Cover: 18pt recycled chipboard made from recycled content & books
• Inside: 32 college ruled pages, uncoated 70# paper milled in America
• 85% post-consumer recycled content and 15% pre-consumer recycled content.
• Saddle stitched with matching staples
• All presses and production machinery powered with renewable energy